Things to Do in Willamette Valley
Plan Your Stay, Plan to Play
The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort is a destination rich in natural beauty, teeming with recreational opportunities and poised for adventure. For generations, it has drawn travellers to Oregon’s Willamette Valley to relax, replenish, explore and cherish nature’s splendor. Enjoy an array of seasonal on- and off-site recreational options, including our heated outdoor pool, a 5,000-square-foot spa oasis and the best 27 holes of golf in the Mt. Hood Territory.
The Courses, The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort's 27-hole golf course, is nestled in the Salmon River Valley of the Mt. Hood National Forest. Golfers seeking a challenging round with breathtaking views accompanying every shot will find The Courses to be an unforgettable choice.
The Spa at the Mountain
Revel in the stillness of this magical place set against the backdrop of lush evergreens of Mt. Hood National Forest Salmon-Huckleberry Wilderness. Embrace the forces of nature that define this Oregon region – earth, fire, metal, water and air. Your transformative journey of spiritual and physical wellbeing begins here.
Our full-service 5,000 square foot facility features seven treatment rooms, including three massage rooms, a skin care treatment room, wet treatment room with a Vichy shower, a deluxe couples treatment room with an oversized two-person soaking tub and manicure/pedicure room. Completing the indulgent spa experience are separate cedar sauna rooms for men and women plus a relaxation area with a stone fireplace and the Infiniti Tea Garden.
Nature Concierge & Adventure
The Resort’s Nature Concierge provides personalized service to every guest or group wishing to experience our stunning natural surroundings. Let us help you discover and explore our area’s treasures, landmarks and natural wonders, from orchestrated tours and excursions to a simple self-guided adventure.
The Nature Concierge is located at The Resort’s Recreation Department (in season) or the Front Desk October through April), from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. daily.
- Hiking and nature walks
- Whitewater rafting
- Mountain biking
- Skiing and snowboarding
- Guided tours of the area & transportation
- Fishing and fly fishing
- Kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding
- Rock climbing
- Mt. Hood Adventure Park
The Resort’s Recreation Department is the place to visit for summer recreational needs. A recreation manager is even available to help organize group recreational activities. The recreation department also happily provides information on outdoor activities, along with maps of area trails for your hiking, walking, or jogging pleasure.
- Basketball Court
- Tennis – Guests may play on two paved tennis courts. Racquets and balls are available for rent through the Recreation Department. For those who enjoy either recreational or competitive tennis, what would a vacation be under crystal clear Oregon skies without a few sets?*
- Heated year ’round outdoor pool and whirlpool spa – located in The Resort’s courtyard just outside the main lodge, offer guests pool fun year ’round.*
- Volleyball – Sand volleyball court is located immediately to the east of the Pavilion and west of the eastside croquet lawn. A volleyball and court time may be arranged through the Recreation Department.*
- Badminton equipment – may be set up on the large lawn area adjacent to the tent.*
- Croquet and Lawn Bowling Court – The Resort at The Mountain boasts the only resort regulation croquet courts and lawn bowling greens not only in Oregon, but in the entire Northwest, offering spectacular views of forests and mountains. They cater to every level of player from beginning to professional, and provide hours of vacation fun and entertainment for couples, families, and corporate groups.*
- Both regulation championship croquet courts have laser flat surfaces similar to golf greens, providing a much different experience from “Backyard Croquet”, which is the most widely known form of croquet. Court time, including instruction and equipment rental, are available by the hour for both croquet and lawn bowling through The Resort’s Recreation Department.*
- Fitness Center – features, Stair Master and Life Cycle, and is equipped with stately locker room facilities for both men and women. A recreation manager is available seasonally to provide fitness tips or to help organize group recreational activities.
- The Greens – 18-hole lighted putting course*
- Chidren’s playground – climb, swing, balance and more – located south of the east croquet lawn.*
- Family games – For a little old-fashioned fun, check out a board game from the Guest Services desk in the lobby. You’ll find a wide variety of games from which to choose: Chess, Checkers, Chutes & Ladders, Candy Land, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Yahtzee, Scruples and Puzzles.*
- Children’s books and games – Riverstone Gift Gallery, located just off the lobby, sells children’s books, toys and games that will provide hours of entertainment.*
- Sports balls*
- Coloring and arts/crafts*
*Included in the daily resort fee.