Meetings & Events in Welches, OR
Fully Tailored, From Start to Finish
The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort has over 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting space combines function with comfort, convenience with ease, and a unique experience you'll be talking about for years.
Thirteen conference and banquet rooms are located in the Main Lodge and the East Side Complex. For more intimate events, hospitality suites and spaces designed for small groups are available throughout the Resort grounds.
Let us help you think outside the box for your next event.
In nearly all of our event venues, our stunning natural surroundings offer a dramatic backdrop with expansive windows overlooking lush evergreen forests and majestic mountains. Additionally, our array of outdoor areas provides picture- perfect settings for meetings, receptions and banquets.
Every event hosted at The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort is a fully tailored gathering. From start to finish, you will find associates committed to exceeding your needs, wants and expectations with an unmatched level of attention to every detail.
- Meeting Details
- Request proposal
Complete Meeting Package
Whether your looking for traditional event space or a unique venue, the Mt. Hood Oregon Resort has it all. With the Resort’s Complete Meeting Package affords ease and flexibility during the planning process, allowing planners and participants to get focused and remain focused. And, of course, a hotel associate will be available to coordinate all your needs from room set-ups to food service to guest room arrangements.
Our $99 Complete Meeting Package* includes:
- Dedicated meeting space with individual temperature controls, state-of-the-art, conference equipment and tackable wall surfaces includes conference tables set to your specifications; most rooms boast scenic views.
- Meeting supplies include pens, notepads, glasses and water service.
- Breakfast Buffet includes fresh fruit juice, seasonal fruit, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats and potatoes, assorted pastries and muffins.
- Mid-morning break features replenishments on all beverages and seasonal fruit tray plus nutrition bars.
- Plated Lunch Main Courses are served with choice of salad or soup, seasonal accompaniments, artisan bread & butter, platter of assorted cookies and Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea products.
- Buffet Lunch includes salads, variety of hot and cold entrees, breads, beverages and dessert bar.
- Mid-afternoon refreshment break includes replenishments on all beverages plus freshly baked brownies and seasonal whole fruit.
- Service charge (21%)
Staying for dinner, add Plated options are available starting from $50!
*Pricing is per person. Applicable for groups of 25 or more participants.
When it comes to the success of your event, great food — whether it’s a tasty meeting break, sumptuous banquet dinner or creative themed menu – is essential. Our conference planning managers and catering team excel in creating delightful menus.
Unique team building exercises serve to make any meeting at The Resort memorable. Groups can enjoy games, socializing, culinary courses and off-site adventures that include:
- Geocaching Explore the region during a unique treasure hunt around Mt. Hood by GPS.10. GPS units available. Up to four people per group. 72-hour notice required.
- Fly Fishing Through a partnership with Ted Neely Fly Fishing Guide Services, The Resort provides guided fly fishing trips for anglers of all experience levels. Enjoy a trip along some of Oregon’s famous scenic and classic fly fishing rivers. Fish for wild trout and steelhead on the Deschutes, Clackamas and Sandy Rivers.
- White Water Rafting Embark on a two-hour adrenaline rush through the picturesque Columbia River Gorge. Prepare for a visual treat of lush vegetation, steep canyon walls, wildlife and clear rushing waters. The spring-fed White Salmon River maintains a healthy base for year-round rafting. Allow three to four hours for the 7.85 mile trip down the river.
- Guided Hikes The Mt. Hood National Forest is home to over one thousand miles of hiking trails. The Resort’s guided hands-on hikes encourage visitors to experience the scenery. They are experiential and interpretive in nature. Adventures include a leisurely 1.5 mile hike to Mirror Lake or a more difficult 2-mile hike to 3,000 feet elevation where participants discover breathtaking views and 1,000 calories burned.
- Skiing/Snowboarding Discounted lift tickets, rentals and lessons available at Timberline and Mt. Hood Ski Bowl.
- Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing Discounted rental equipment and guided adventures.
- Mt. Hood Ski Bowl Adventure Park Typically open from June – September, the Adventure Park features an Alpine slide, bungee jumping, zip line, go-carts, mini golf, batting cages and more!
Upgrade your culinary adventure with a custom Resort apron for all attendees! Available at an additional cost.
- Cooking Demos Learn the tricks of the trade from The Resort’s Executive Chef/Director of Food & Beverage. Watch and learn cooking demonstration in Cooking in the Country or take a hands-on class with meal preparation in Cooking in the Kitchen. All demonstrations include personalized menu with recipe, champagne and hors d’oeuvres. $59* per person (minimum of 10 people)
- Iron Chef Competition This is an action-packed event. The group is divided into two teams and provided with basic recipes and ingredients. Teams have one hour to prepare and plate one dish that will be judged by The Resort’s chefs. $75* per person
- BBQ Mountain Style Executive Chef/Director of Food & Beverage demonstrates how to mix and apply a BBQ Rub. This is a great way to enhance the evening and add a special touch any of The Resort’s menus. All participants will receive a personalized menu card with Chef’s special recipe. $15 per person
- Foraging Scavenger Hunt Experience the wilderness how it can only be done on the Mountain. Your group will be divided into teams or can compete as individuals. Each team member is given a list and descriptions of herbs that can be found on the property. The teams will then forage The Resort with the clues they have been given. A custom menu is available that includes the herbs for an additional price. $15 per person
- Fondue Fundamentals The Resort Chef will instruct your guests on how to make the perfect fondue during a 20-minute classroom-style demonstration. At the conclusion, your attendees are placed in groups and given the tools to construct their own fabulous fondue. All participants will receive a personalized menu card with Chef’s special recipe. A great learning experience while enjoying what you create. $25 per person
- Torch the SalmonWilderness & Fire on the Mountain. Watch The Resort’s Executive Chef demonstrate how to torch a salmon, then incorporate this one-of-a-kind action station into your existing buffet dinner. A very creative, interactive and memorable way to begin the evening’s festivities.$15 per person
- Pacific Northwest Wine and Cheese pairing class 6 Cheeses and 6 selected wines will be presented and discussed. in a classroom setting with personalized literature for the group. A great learning experience while enjoying local delicacies. $35 per person
Mixology & Beverage Stations
- Martini Class / Contest See who can shake up the best Mountain Martini. Groups are shown “how to” make the perfect martini. When tutorial is complete, the challenge begins. Participants will try their hands at mixing up “Mountain Martini” using various local ingredients and flavored vodkas. Martinis will be judged and the winner will be presented with a winning certificate and all of the bragging rights that come along with it.
- $25 per person (minimum of 15 people)
- Bloody Mary Class / Contest Spicy or tart, hot or mild, you will make the choice. Groups are shown “how to” make the perfect Blood Mary. When tutorial is complete, the challenge begins. Participants will be given an assortment of ingredients and tested on the presentation and taste. The winner will be presented with a winning certificate and a prize.
- $25 per person (minimum of 15 people)
- Wine Tasting Experience some of the best wines Oregon has to offer, including some of the world’s best Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir. Wineries include Oak Knoll and Penner Ash.
- $20 per person, per hour
- Scotch Tasting Experience some of the best Single Malts. At The Resort we believe when discussing whiskey, age matters. By law, all Scotch whiskey (even blended whiskey) must be aged for at least three years. With this tasting menu your group will sample Scotch from the Glenlivet, MaCallan, Laphroaig and Glemorangie labels. A true treat for the novice or connoisseur. Includes personalized literature. $20 per person, per hour
- Hot Totty / Irish Coffee TastingA hot toddy, also hot totty, is typically a mixed drink made of liquor and water with sugar and spices. Served hot. Hot toddy recipes vary and are traditionally drunk before going to bed, or in wet or cold weather. A professional bartender will demonstrate how a traditional Hot Totty is made and will then give the group the ingredients to make their own. Relax and warm up in a fun atmosphere. This drink was once believed to relieve the symptoms of a cold and flu.
- $20 per person, per hour
- Local Microbrew & Fries Tasting Enjoy some of the best microbrews Oregon has to offer. Known for producing some of the world’s best microbrews including Deschutes Breweries Black Butte Porter to Widmer Brothers’ Hefeweizen, Oregon microbrews are the perfect way to wet your whistle while enjoying The Resort’s famous garlic, sweet potato and traditional fries.
- $20 per person, per hour
- Game Night In a game room setting, team members can challenge each other to Chess, Checkers and Card games. Cordials, Hot Chocolate and Coffee are served along with Chef’s choice of dessert selection. $35 per person, per hour
- Local Liquor Tasting With all the local Oregon breweries, there is a unique opportunity to showcase the new and upcoming items they are marketing through these distilleries. The quality is as high as the beer they offer but not as well known yet! Artisan Spirits, Bull Running Distilling, Clear Creek Distillery are just a few of the local favorites. Sit back and enjoy what Oregon has to offer.
- $24 per person, per hour
Relaxation & Indoor Activities
- Yoga Relax and clear your mind with restorative stretching. Yoga is a great way to rejuvenate the mind and body and get the team back on the same page. The team can learn different styles including therapeutic, relaxation, restorative, gentle flow, power flow and Core Yoga.
- $65 per hour for groups up to 6 people, $10 each additional person
- Game Room Healthy competition creates an environment where the group can see each other’s true colors. In the game room, team members can challenge each other to ping-pong, foosball, Wii Games and dart tournaments. For those less competitive, they can relax with some card or board games.
- $400 per day
- Foot Massage with Wine & Cheese Kick back in The Spa’s relaxation room with ½ hour foot massage, a sampling of wines and cheeses. Total time: 2 hours $125 per person, up to 9 guests at a time
- Movie Night Bring your favorite movies or allow us to show a new release, complete with popcorn, movie candy and comfy seating! $10 per person
- Kickboxing Classes Get in a real workout with a Resort instructor. Minimum 3 and Maximum 20 per class. $15 per person
Golf & Onsite Outdoor Recreation
- Basketball Get your jump on in a half court-style game of your choice. 72-hour notice required.
- Campfires Recreate the “roughing it” feeling of camping by socializing around a campfire. Campfires have a friendly atmosphere and are a great place for storytelling, songs and S’mores making everyone feel a part of the team.
- $375– Add $2.50 per person for S’mores
- Croquet and Lawn Bowling Tournaments Put your skills to the test on either the Northwest’s two resort croquet or two lawn bowling greens. The lush, laser flat greens cater to all playing levels from beginner to professional and provide hours of fun and entertainment for corporate groups. 72-hour notice required. Up to four people per court/green.
- Casual Play: $100 per lawn – equipment only
- Under 10 players, includes 1/2 hour instruction: $100
- Between 11 and 20 players, includes 1/2 hour instruction: $200
- Over 20 players, includes 1-1/2 hours instruction: $15 per person
- 64 or more players, 8 courts, includes 1-1/2 hours instruction: $900
- Flag Football Put on your game face and score a touchdown for your team. Up to 11 people per team. 72-hour notice required.
- Soccer Score a goal while improving your foot-eye coordination. Up to 11 people per team. 72-hour notice required.
- Ultimate Frisbee Test your frisbee skills, along with your hand-eye coordination. Up to 20 people per team. 72-hour notice required.
- Glow in the Dark Golf Experience The Courses in a whole new light. A light radiating, glow-in- the-dark golf ball leads the way down the fairways and onto the greens, creating a memorable group golf experience with moonlit mountains shimmering on the horizon.
- $85 plus $10 per glow in the dark golf ball
- $6 per golf ball credit if returned
- Sponsor a Hole Group golfing tournaments may have hole sponsored with: hot dog vendor, Bloody Mary station, local brewery, Red Bull and vodka or a full bar. Price subject to tournament count and item sponsored.
- Putting Contests Challenge the group to a putting contest to see who has the finesse to get the ball in the hole. Groups can compete in longest putt or closest to the hole competitions for a competitive environment that builds team camaraderie.
- 9 & Ale Enjoy a relaxing 9 holes of golf with Pacific Northwest Microbrew. The Thistle Station is set as your Microbrew tasting pit stop while you enjoy 9 holes of golf. At every 3rd hole your group will enjoy a different beer from a selected local Brewery.
- $39 per person, (including greens fee, wine and chefs choice of small bites)
- 9 & Wine Enjoy a relaxing 9 holes of golf with Pacific Northwest wines. Thistle Station is your Wine tasting pit stop while your group enjoys 9 holes of golf. At every 3rd hole your golfers will enjoy a different wine from a selected local winery.
- $39 per person, (including greens fee, wine and Chef’s choice of small bites)
*Subject to 20% gratuity