Mt. Hood Golf
Exceptional & Scenic Greens
Course is open for play, with restrictions. All 27 holes are playable.
NEW Hours of operations:
Monday - Sunday: 7:30am-5:00pm
- Bunker Rakes – All bunker rakes have been removed from the golf course to reduce touch points. (Play as Ground Under Repair)
- Cups / Pins – All cups on the greens have been flipped upside down. (See attached picture) Pins will still be in, and all golfers must play with the flagstick in the hole not to be touched by golfers to reduce touch points.
- All Flagsticks and pins on the practice greens have been removed to reduce touch points.
- Golfers will play with only people they came to the golf course with. There will be no pairing of two separate groups.
- NO RENTALS on Golf Club Sets or Push Carts.
- Golfers are asked to follow Social Distancing with ensuring 6 feet distance from any of their playing partners during their round of golf.
- Only two guests are allowed inside the pro shop at one time while following the 6 foot rule.
- Pro Shop Doors will be left open to ensure airflow.
- Doors, counters, coolers, and other popular spots inside of the pro shop will be disinfected frequently to ensure guest and staff safety.
- Cash in person & Card with options of payment over the phone, online, or at the counter on our CC reader.
- Golfers will be encouraged to pay over the phone or online to reduce face to face interactions.
- Members will still be allowed to charge golf and merchandise to their account.
- Golfers are encouraged to carry hand sanitizer and keep distance from all people while on our property.
We have limted staff so your patience is appreciated during this time.
Book tee times here, or (503) 622-3151
Enroll now for our best offers of the season: https://enroll.teeitup.com/form/5e42f2d5f8a9340015d2508a
Through tales of volcanic eruptions, Indian legend, the age of explorers, and the discovery of the Oregon Trail and pioneer days, it wasn’t until 1882 that Welches, Oregon came to be. In 1928, two golfing enthusiasts – Ralph Shattuck and George Waale — leased Billy Welch’s hayfield and built a 9-hole golf course, making Welches the home of the first Oregon golf resort. Since then the golf course has expanded to 27 holes known for exceptional views and fantastic greens.
Open for play year round, The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort's 27-hole golf course is nestled in the Salmon River Valley of the lush Mt. Hood National Forest. As a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, The Courses is dedicated to fostering and preserving its vibrant ecosystem. Golfers will witness the results of award-winning efforts in restoring bird and fish habitats along the Wee Burn stream, a tributary to the wild and scenic Salmon River. Here, the area’s abundant vegetation and wildlife, pristine and revitalizing streams, and unmatched blue skies converge to offer a backdrop for what will surely be a memorable golf round (or two or three).
*Resort guests recieve 10% off when charging rates to room.
(Closed Mondays January through March)
9 walking - $19 18 walking - $35
9 walking - $24 18 walking - $45
June - September
Weekend & Holidays Weekday
9 walking - $35 / Twilight - $23 9 walking - $33 / Twilight - $23
18 walking - $70 / Twilight - $44 18 walking - $66 / Twilight - $44
27 walking - $93 / Twilight - $64 27 walking - $87 / Twilight - $64
*Twilight begins at 2 PM June – September
9 walking - $25 18 walking - $50
November & December
(Closed Mondays November & December)
9 walking - $18 18 walking - $35
9 riding - $28 18 riding - $51
9 walking - $18 / 18 walking - $36 / 27 walking - $54
*(60 & older)
*Monday and Wednesday only*
Military Service Appreciation
9 walking - $25 / 18 walking - $50 / 27 walking - $70
*Golf Cart - $1
9 holes - $11 / 18 holes - $17 / 27 holes -$21
*rates are per person
9 holes - $25 / 18 holes - $45 / 27 holes - $60
Individual Annual Membership
5 Day Pass - $1,260
7 Day Pass - $1,650
Trail fee - $420
Family Annual Membership
5 Day Pass - $2,375
7 Day Pass - $3,100
Trail fee - $500
*Family includes spouses and any kids under the age of 16.
5 Day Summer Pass (June - August)
1 Golfer - $350 / 2 Golfers - $675
3 Golfers - $925 / 4 Golfers - $1,200
7 Day Summer Pass ( June - August)
1 Golfer - $450 / 2 Golfers - $825
3 Golfers - $1,200 / 4 Golfers - $1,500
*Summer Pass Trail Fee - $100 per player *
Student Pass (June - August)
$300 - Includes Golf Cart
$100 per month
*Must have active High School or College ID*
The Three Nines
Formerly known as the "Red" side, Foxglove is the latest addition to the Mt. Hood Oregon Resort courses. Established in 1981, Foxglove is best known for its iconic first hole, which features "The Rock" in the center of the fairway. With the blissful Salmon River running by on the first three holes, Foxglove has potential to be the most peaceful nine holes you will ever play.
Pinecone was established in 1928 and is often referred to as the "Original Nine." This scenic course offers 360-degree views of the cascading hills of the Mount Hood National Forest.
Often considered the most forgiving and the easiest to walk, Thistle has character that returns golfers time and time again. Although Thistle is the only par 34 course, water comes into play on half of its holes.
Whether you are organizing a golf event to entertain clients, an appreciation for staff, raise funds for a charity or getting together with friends and family, The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort offers first class events in an incomparable setting. Capable of hosting shotgun tournaments for as many as 224 players. The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort offers tournament availability seven days a week.
The friendly and professional staff of The Resort makes the planning of your event simpler for you. We understand the stress of organizing a tournament, but it's our business and we do it well.
Contact us today at (503) 622-3151 and let us host your next event, and it will be one not to forget. Request our Head Golf Professional Seth Misenhimer.
Stories & Reviews
The Best Weekend Golf Destination in Portland, Oregon
Breaking Eighty – June 24, 2013
Everything at The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort was first rate. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The golf was among some of the best I’ve played in Oregon, and the food and drink were equally as impressive.
Where Nature is the Name of the Game
Golfers West – June, 2013
The oldest resort golf facility in Oregon is making a comeback. More improvements are on the drawing board, including a warm-up range, but playing The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort the way it is now is like taking a pleasant stroll through nature’s wonderland — so green, so lush, so beautiful.
Oregon’s ‘first golf resort,’ The Courses at The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort rolls through the Salmon River Valley near Mount Hood
Oregon Golf – June, 2013
Staking claim as Oregon’s “first golf resort” is The Courses at The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort, set within the Salmon River Valley in the Cascade Mountains near Mount Hood.
Thistle - Open
Foxglove - Open
Stay and Play Golf Packages
Stay and Play Package Price with Room
Includes room (standard king, fireside king, suites) and Max Golf for 2 people.
Max Golf : Can golf on check in and check out day. Play as much as you want.
*Call 503-622-3101 to make reservations and ask for the current packages.
* Tee times based on availablity, contact the pro shop to make your reservations 503-622-3151.
Standard Fireside Suites
JAN-APR $189.00 $209.00 $289.00
MAY $223.00 $243.00 $325.00
JUNE -SEPT $309.00 $329.00 $389.00
OCT $229.00 $249.00 $329.00
NOV-DEC $189.00 $209.00 $289.00
Tournament Packages Include:
- Personalized cart placecards with starting times or tee assignments.
- Rules sheets for game of play and golf hole competitions.
- Set up for hole sponsors and signage.
- Score Sheets created and finalized with results to determine winners.
- Customized food menus from our Culinary Team and catering staff.
- Group Rates for Guests staying at the hotel.