Start Your Dream Career in Beautiful Mt. Hood
Are you interested in being a member of our growing team at “Mt. Hood’s Premier Resort Destination”? Just think about what it would be like to call 300 acres of Oregon high country your “office” while working alongside friendly people and meeting hotel guests from around the world. In addition to excellent benefits, salaries and a supportive and welcoming work environment, a career at The Mt. Hood Oregon Resort offers ample opportunities for advancement.
Please contact us today, or send your resume directly to Cathy Burgess at email@example.com, to learn more about joining our amazing team here at the Mt. Hood Oregon Resort.
Human Resource and Accounting Assistant
Job Description: Human Resources and Accounting Assistant
Reports to: HR Manager and Assistant Director of Finance
Full-Time Hourly 8:30am-5pm Monday-Friday
Summary: Assist Human Resource Manager in operations of the HR office and Accounting office in Microsoft Office programs.
Assist with benefit administration.
Assist with recruitment (through in-house postings; career fair, newspaper, etc.).
Assist with new employee processing.
Assist with worker’s compensation
Assist with unemployment claims.
Assist with Safety training & development.
Assist as a resource for all employees to provide information on company employment policies and procedures, employer/employee rights, etc..
Assist with answering telephone for Human Resource related information.
Assist with ADP payroll processing and reporting. Includes ADP time clock processing for all exempt/non-exempt payrolls including preparation and employee data maintenance.
Assist maintaining employee personnel files.
Assist in processing & verifying all data in line with Resort policies concerning hiring, vacations, pay changes, leave and termination requests; OLCC & Food Handlers permits.
Assist Accounting in any aspects, as needed.
Sales and Catering Administrative Assistant
POSITION TITLE: SALES/CATERING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Full time postion. Assisting the Sales and Catering team, in the servicing of all group clients and events.
Great benefits including free golf and ski passes.
- Responsible for qualifying and directing incoming calls.
- Preparing weekly and monthly sales reports for resort management and corporate office.
- Database Management.
- Faxing documents for guests and resort personnel.
- Processing Mail.
- Contacting clients at the direction of conference services to confirm elements of the group’s events.
- Inventory control and ordering of office supplies.
- Generate the following for Conference Services & distribute:
- Guarantee sheets what is this?
- Distribute daily schedule of events
- Distribute weekly schedule of events
- Distribute Change Log Orders
- Arrange VIP amenities
- Distribute incoming Sales Leads
- Reasonable mobility to perform property tours covering distances up to 3 miles.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift, carry or transport boxes of collateral material and trade show booths weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Lifting, bending and kneeling required to set up and breakdown trade show booth when required.
Vision: Ability to distinguish between and among colors, exercise depth perception, and peripheral vision. Standard screen time with a computer for daily work is required.
Hearing: Ability to hear in one or both ears so that verbal communication can be received, understood and acted upon in either a face to face or a telecommunications basis.
Speaking: Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Minimum of 2 years of higher education preferred.
- Computer skills including all Microsoft programs, creating and maintaining data bases.
Assistant Banquet Manager
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Banquet Manager
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
Great benefits including free golf and ski passes.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assistant Banquet Manager must be available and flexible for business volumes as required by Banquet Manager. Coordinates and supervises the execution of all banquet functions to ensure clients' specifications are adhered to and that the function runs smoothly and efficiently. Possess knowledge of food production and service and has the ability to perform all positions in banquet operations in order to supervise, direct, and train all banquet personnel.
- Reviews and has a thorough understanding of all function sheets to coordinate scheduled events.
- Assists Banquet Manager with hiring, training and supervision of banquet staff. Completes and posts weekly staff schedules ensuring an adequate number of staff to serve each function. Provides banquet staff with a copy of each function sheet to enable them to gain a thorough understanding of the clients' expectations prior to the event. Keeps an accurate payroll ledger of banquet staff.
- Periodically meets with applicable department heads to plan and coordinate efforts for scheduled functions to ensure the efficient execution of the event and that it adheres to the client's guidelines and expectations. Informs staff of special requests or changes that will affect either the food production or service for the event.
- Assists Banquet Manager with requisitions or obtains equipment and supplies needed for each function. Ensures that they correspond to client's specifications, where applicable.
- Inspects each function room prior to scheduled event to check whether room setup, menu, and schedule of events conform to the function sheet.
- Greets client prior to the onset of the function and is present throughout the duration to assist in areas where needed. Periodically checks with client to ensure satisfaction with the function and to respond to any additional requests.
- Continually directs and assists banquet and bar staff during the entire event to ensure that all details are carried out according to the client's specifications and prepares and assists to complete all paperwork.
- Prepares and presents accurate function bill to the client at the completion of the event and collects payment.
- Supervises cleanup and breakdown of function after its completion; accounts for all equipment and supplies; and ensures its return to the storage area.
Education: High school graduate/GED.
Experience: Must possess general knowledge of food and beverage and service procedures, generally involving minimum two (2) years as a server.
Physical: Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length. Must have the ability to lift trays, soiled dish bins, etc., of up to 40 pounds in weight. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
Language: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
Facilities Services Job Description
Title: Facilities Maintenance
Performs all around carpentry, maintenance, and repair work in all areas of the Resort. Previous commercial experience a plus. Driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs handyman work including, but not limited to carpentry, painting, drywall and plaster repair, miscellaneous electrical work, minor plumbing repairs, basement and attic work, insulation work, roof replacement and repair, gutter cleaning and repair, railing and fence work, fireplace and chimney work, door & window repairs and replacement, porch & deck cleaning and repairs, siding work, and minor concrete & masonry work.
- May examine with manager to ensure understanding of assigned project's scope and budget.
- Reviews with manager and completes work orders as required.
- Picks up and delivers necessary materials to job site all non-special order material.
- Verifies the delivery and good condition of all special order materials.
- Conducts initial walk-through of work recommendations.
- Must maintain a neat and safe work-site and Resort property.
- Keeps proper paperwork on working hours and material purchases.
- Maintains a company vehicle in safe and clean condition.
- May oversee sub-contractors working on jobs.
- Removes debris from job-site and coordinates with office for trash pick-up from job site when needed.
- Maintains communication with department managers while on the job, including dealing with job order expectations, reporting the job's progress, and informing the manager of any necessary changes to scope of project.
- Stays in contact with the office daily to communicate job schedule and status.
- Works full-time, 40 hours and overtime as needed.
- Maintains a professional appearance by wearing a uniform at all times and maintains professional behavior while representing the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum 5 yrs related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand the English language including procedure manuals, and estimates. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers, suppliers, or subcontractors. Ability to present information and communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, subcontractors, and general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry to determine dimensions and material needed.
Ability to solve practical problems and challenges where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to successfully communicate those solutions to the client and fellow workers.
Ability to use and operate all basic carpentry hand and power tools. Employee must have a valid operators permit and the ability to safely drive a company vehicle.
The employee is frequently required to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. of products and materials. The employee is frequently required to crawl, bend and stoop, and may be required to drive 40-50 miles to pick up parts. The employee is required to lift and climb a 32-foot ladder.
Assistant Front Office Manager
JOB TITILE: ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
REPORT TO: FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
Great benefits including free golf and ski passes.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist guest with check-in/check-out needs; make reservations, and act as the primary guest service concierge for the guest. Supervise all aspects of customer service for all front office employees; ensure efficiency of front office operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Promptly and correctly answer all switchboard and front office calls/inquiries
-Direct calls to the appropriate destination, and departments
-Primary guest service representative
-Process guest registrations; room assignments, rate verification, lodging packages, payments, and more.
-Read memos and daily log book for current events, including group resumes for event function
-Issue guest safety deposit boxes
-Records and process wake up calls per guest request
-Enter all banquet, gift shop and recreation charges
-Balance assigned banks
-Maintain MOD bank, issue correct change for other departments
-Maintain lobby appearance
-Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
-Stand/Sit for extended periods of time
-Lift/Carry up to 40 pounds
-Count money and give change accurately
-Visually read computer screens, reports, etc.
-Understand and remember all front office policies and procedures
-Prioritize duties and guest needs
-Excellent customer service skills
-Communicate information clearly by multiple means; radio, computer, phone, etc.
-Office equipment; photocopier, fax, phone, computer, credit card validator, PBX, etc.
Night Guest Service/Security
NIGHT GUEST SERVICES
Reports to: Front Desk Manager/General Manager
This position is under the direct supervision of the Front Desk Manager for assigned shift of the NGS department and is responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, personnel, customers and all visitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs security patrols.
- Enforces property procedures.
- Protects property from theft, sabotage, fire and accidents.
- Investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Provides any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors following the department's procedures.
- Serves as training to new NGS staff.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk/hear and understand the English language. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This may be a full-time or part position. Days and hours of work are based on resort occupancy levels.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least 21 years of age.
3. Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
- Previous security and/or guest service experience preferred.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We're currently hiring Full Time and Part-Time line cook.
Great benefits include free golf and ski passes!
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: food preparation (portioning and preparing food items prior to cooking), quality assurance and opening/closing oversight. Attention to detail, cleanliness, organization and the ability to work well with others are a necessity. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen workstation.
Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, fruits, or vegetables used for food productions.
Prepares foods by peeling, paring, coring, portioning, washing, sectioning, zesting, cutting, or scoring, slicing, breading, marinating, seasoning, etc.
Prepares garnish for all food plates and platters.
Prepares salad dressings, sauces, stocks, dips, etc.
Fry, sauté, broil, bake, steam, etc, all foods to preparation standards.
Assembles all food items for presentation.
Maintains a sanitary work station
Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut slice, dip, score, julienne, whip, beat, maintain hold temperature, chill, freeze, or otherwise produce food in the kitchen.
All other duties as assigned.
Education: Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year in a food preparation position is preferred.
Physical: Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff, and guests. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to six (6) hours in length. Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 pounds in weight. Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment. Oregon Food Handlers Card required.
Food and Beverage Staff/Banquets
Our Food and Beverage team is looking to fill the following openings in the department:
- Banquet set up lead
Current OLCC and Oregon Food Handler cards required.
Please email your resume to our HR department or come apply in person at 68010 E Fairway Ave, Welches, OR 97067.
Guest Service Agent
We're currently hiring a Part-Time Guest Services Agent.
Oregon drivers license rquired.
Great benefits include free golf and ski passes!
Switchboard, check-in, checkout, make reservations, provide information and directions, guest accounting, guest services, and all aspects of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly and correctly answers all reservations & front office calls.
- Directs calls to appropriate destinations. Verify phone lines before connecting to guestrooms.
- Accurately give directions and answer questions.
- Provide guests with information about attractions, facilities, and services on or off property.
- Assist guests in making calls and in obtaining outside operators.
- Verify and maintain logbooks.
- Follows all safety, emergency and power outage procedures.
- Uses proper mail and radio procedures.
- Makes arrangements for special requests/amenities in room (flowers, massage, wine, etc.).
- Reads memos and the log book daily.
- Reads and understands group resumes.
- Records and makes wake up calls.
- Inform guests of meeting room locations and times.
- Help maintain lobby appearance.
- Maintain and stock brochure racks.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Climb stairs